Saturday, November 21, 2009
Almost 2 months old!
So, technically our little Haley is 8 weeks old as of yesterday but by the date, she will be 2 months on the 25th...Wednesday. I don't know which date you go by but I'm thinking that as she gets older it's going to be easier to just count it by the actual date. So, the 25th of each month! She is changing so much everyday, it's amazing! She is now so much more alert and smiles on occasion. I guess you have to have just the right looking goofy face to make her smile, so her dad is great at it! ;) Over the next month or so she should be smiling and cooing a whole lot more. That will be fun! I think she's finally getting her days and nights figured out now. She stays awake much more during the day and is sleeping for 4-5 hour stretches most nights. We are still having trouble keeping her asleep for a long time in her bassinet because she prefers to be sleeping on mommy, daddy, or Gigi's chest, but we are working on that! She's also primarily breast feeding now, which is a huge accomplishment! I worked for the past month getting her big and strong enough to breastfeed and getting my milk supply up by pumping around the clock so that she could eventually breastfeed. I'm so glad that we're finally to that point because now I dont have to pump as much or worry about bottles as much! Now more of my time lately has gone to keeping her entertained since she's awake more or pacifying her because of her colic. That has been the most difficult thing with her so far. It just breaks your heart when nothing you do makes her happy. She tends to be the fussiest in the evenings so I just try to do alot of breastfeeding, rocking, singing, or whatever it takes to comfort her. We started giving her baby gas drops which does seem to help some, but hopefully it's mainly a stage that she will grow out of. Aside from the fussiness, she is still such a little doll and Todd and I are still so amazed at how you can love something so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment